Saturday, June 30, 2007

About Refrigerators

There have a been a couple of moments in my life when I've felt dirty and haven't been able to wash all the invisible grime off of me, no matter how many times I wash my hands and then use disenfectant. Surprisingly, everytime I've felt like that, I've been cleaning out our refrigerator.

Yeah, it's not cleaning out my closet, but it's cleaning out my refrigerator. You might think it's nothing, but really our refrigerator is a horrible mess. I think it's one of the most bacteria infested places I know. Basically, because:

A) My mom forgets to throw out food.

B) Before I cleaned out the refrigerator last week (with some help), I found jars dating back to 2005.

C) We've once made an unfortunate discovery of potatoes that have been in the bottom compartment from what seems to have been last summer.

D) I have found different foods that look more green then what they originally were.

E) Liquid substances that I CAN'T identify.

In other words, our refrigerator is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G. And I blame my mom for it. And I guess I could blame myself also, but I'd rather not. I'm the one out of us two who is forced to clean it; alone or with a friend. It's amazing that I'm not too afraid of eating things that come out of it.

Well, at least I'm not afraid after I've checked out the expiration date and carefully made sure that I don't see any mold.

To Yuki: Do you see why I'm neurotic about bacteria? Or why I have to wash my hands all the time? You'd be just like me if you'd have a fridge like ours.

Though, I have to say that I'm happy that our refrigerator is clean again. I don't have to be afraid of weird liquids that look like something that would've been digested already once.

1 comment:

Yukiko said...

Anme, Anme, Anme... tsk tsk tsk.
You know... I take care of our fridge. I'm the one who puts the groceries away and makes sure every time that there aren't any old food there. Maybe you should start doing the same? Or then I can do it, and your mum can give me her "Evil Eye". xDDD